Yard security signs and stickers that indicate your house uses a security alarm system, have proven to be effective, and can scare off thieves. Usually, burglars look for houses where it is easy to get in and escape. But, home alarm systems foil such intentions.
Now the main question is, should you fake a security alarm system or install a real one? In the following sections, let us look at the advantages and disadvantages of using fake security system signage.
Pros and Cons of Utilizing Fake Security Alarm System Signs
- Cheaper Option: The advantage of utilizing fake window decals and yard signs with security logos is that they are a lot cheaper compared to real security systems.
- Less Time to Install: Secondly, it will take just a couple of minutes to stick a yard sign in your lawn, and add stickers onto doors and windows.
- Spook Intruders: Fake signage might help to spook certain types of intruders.
- Unconvincing: Fake signage might show brands, which look or sound fake.
- Get Outsmarted: If a sign looks like bogus, then a smart thief can easily search online about the security company to verify its authenticity. Your fake security cover will get blown when a thief finds out it’s not a real security brand.
- Legal Problems: If you utilize copyrighted material (such as logos) without required authorization, then there could be some serious legal ramifications and fines.
- The Actual Theft: A desperate thief may try to break-in even after noticing the signage, but since there will be no security system to alert you, the burglar will be able to easily make off with all the valuables.
What are the options to contemplate instead of fake signs?
As we can see, there are downsides to producing a fake security alarm system, which can be quite risky. Thus, it is better to invest in a few of the other options, which include:
- Install a real security system
- Set up motion sensing outdoor lights
- Install door and window alarms
- Purchase smart locks that alert you when someone unlocks the door