Choosing Home Security Alarm Systems in Montreal
Are you looking to buy a home security alarm system in Montreal? There are many different types of systems available.
The right way to choose home alarm systems in Montreal
The following is a step by step guide to choosing the best home alarm system for you:
- Contact an alarms systems provider in your area. Ensure that you find out more about them and the solutions they offer. They should be a reputable company with references.
- Have your home surveyed to determine the security risks associated with it including possible intrusions. Having a professional from the security company survey your home will ensure that all security risks associated with your home are identified.
- Determine whether you want a monitored system. Residential alarm monitoring systems are connected to a central station where the alarm monitoring service keeps an eye on your home. These services charge a monthly fee. However, they are less expensive than the self-monitoring systems that dial a preselected phone number when the alarm is triggered.
- Consider the habits of your family. Do you have pets? Do you get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom or to have a snack? The habits of your family will determine the placement of the alarm system components.
- Determine if you prefer a wired or wireless home alarm system. Wired systems require cables to be laid. This may result in the company having to drill holes into your walls to install the system. Wireless systems on the other hand are easy to install. It is important, however, to keep an eye on the transmission range. The system ought to be able to transmit over the entire premises. The system should cover the zone that is furthest away from the control panel.
Talk to the representative of the alarm system company. They will help you determine the best system for your home.
Via Protection offers you Honeywell’s LYNX Touch 5200 as a residential alarm system
The price is $199 installed and comes with the following:
- 1 – Wireless Motion Detector (pet immune 80lbs)
- 2 – Wireles Door Contacts
- 1 – Wifi Communicator
Monthly fee is $24.95
Honeywell’s LYNX Touch 5200 Description
Honeywell’s LYNX Touch 5200 all-in-one home and business control system features a bright, 4.7″ full-color touchscreen with graphic icons and intuitive prompts for easy operation. It features live video on demand, Z-Wave® automation capabilities, advanced alarm communications, garage door notification and control, weather alerts, and remote software upgradeability.
The Wi-Fi® module offers the lowest cost alarm communications (including optional two-way voice) and remote services solution – saving installation time and reducing monthly operating costs.
LYNX Touch 5200 provides security dealers with the flexibility they need to service all of their customers, whether they rely on mobile phones or VoIP.
Honeywell’s LYNX Connect app provides consumers with the ability to use an iOS or Android™ device to view video and operate the system on premises.
The Z-Wave connectivity module lets installers integrate security, lighting, locks, thermostats, water valves and more – for local and remote control. With Honeywell Total Connect™ Remote Services, users can control security, thermostats, lighting, locks, receive alerts and more with most smartphones, tablets and computers.
|5800PIR Wireless Motion Detector ** ||The 5800PIR Series pack some big benefits into a sleek, compact design — including easy, flexible programming, fewer service calls, reduced false alarms and more. (pet immune up to 80 lbs)||$99|
|5853 Wireless Glassbreak Detector ||Honeywell’s 5853 offers a wireless FlexGuard solution to protect all types of glass. Installers rely on FlexGuard as a first line of defense, because it keeps intruders where they belong .… outside.||$129.00|
|5816 Wireless Door & Window Contact (x2) ** ||Honeywell's 5816 wireless door and window alarm contact is your first line of defense against criminals. If the contacted door or window is opened while the system is armed, it will set off the alarm and send a signal to AlarmGarde's Central Station.||$69.00|
|5808W3 Wireless Photoelectric Smoke/Heat Detector ||Honeywell’s 5808W3 Photoelectric Smoke/Heat Detector with a built-in wireless transmitter has been enhanced with exciting features to help reduce false alarms||$129.00|
|5800CO Wireless Carbon Monoxide Detector ||Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless, toxic gas that can kill in minutes. With Honeywell’s 5800CO Wireless Carbon Monoxide Detector, you can provide your customers with the very best defense against this deadly threat. It connects to the end-user’s security system and can be monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week||$129.00|
|5828 Wireless Alarm Keypad ||The 5828 operates on (3) AA batteries which last an average of 2 years. The keypad will go into “sleep” mode whenever it is inactive for an extended period. Simply touch any button on the keypad to wake it up.||$129.00|
|5834-4 Wireless 4-Button Alarm Remote ||Honeywell's 5834 Wireless Keys feature sleek, compact designs, LED confirmation of system status, tactile recessed keys that reduce false alarms and more. The 5834 is a great addition to any Honeywell security system||$49.00|
|GSMVLP5 GSM/Cellular Communicator ||The GSMVLP5 cellular GSM alarm communicator fits right inside the LYNX Touch wireless alarm control panel, providing an easy streamlined installation for those customers looking to have their security system monitored over the cellular Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) network instead of a traditional phone line||$149.00|
Residential alarm system from Paradox
- 1- 8 Zone Control Panel
- 1- TM40 Touch Screen Keypad
- 1- Wireless Receiver
- 1- Remote Control
- 1- 12v Battery
- Intuitive icon-based user interface via touchscreen with quick menu-driven prompts
- 4.3-inch (10.9cm) brilliant and vivid widescreen color display
- Compatible with EVO V2.16 or higher
- Supports up to 32 floor plans (V1.21 or higher)
- Customizable labels: zones, areas, users, and PGM outputs
- Controls up to eight PGM outputs
- External SD media card slot for uploading custom themes and sounds, photos for use with the slide show function, and for upgrading firmware
- Powerful FPGA processor
- 1 zone/temperature input. Connect a detection device or TEMP07 (external temperature sensor)
- Customized translation done via web application
- Clean screen mode: locks screen for easy cleaning
|TM40 System Keypad ** ||$199.00|
|K32LCD Keypad ||$129.00|
|K10V Keypad ||$89.00|
|PMD1P Wireless motion ||$99.00|
|DCTXP2 Wireless Contact ||$69.00|
|DCT2 Wireless Mini Contact ||$79.00|
|G550 Wireless Glass Break ||$129.00|
|SD-738 Wireless Smoke detector ||$129.00|
|REM101 Emergency Panic Button ||$89.00|
|REM15 Remote Control ** ||$39.00|
|RTX3 Expansion module ||$99.00|